Wednesday 1 February 2012

Poem at Katie Melua's 21st (Just rediscovered)

Three Years Ago

Three years ago, when first we met
How could we both have known? - and yet
There was a spark of certainty
That what would be, would come to be.
I know you knew it – I did too,
And though they say belief in you
Is what possessed me to be strong,
I know that really, all along,
The thing that bred such certainty,
Was, strangely, your belief in me.
And in these times of boom and bust,
I thank you, Katie for your trust.
Two artists, with a common aim,
For truth and music over fame,
Yet learning, as we did, we know
Success can only help you grow
And choose your targets better still,
Your aims much easier to fulfil,
And struggle though we did, I say
I’m glad we met, that fateful day.

Mike Batt, September, 2005

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Eu vi Ketevan caminhando entre as sombras da lua, numa noite em Angra dos Reis...

    ReplyDelete